One of my favorite things to do online is to check out other quilting blogs. I was reading a blog back in November where a girl was talking about being a pattern tester. What is a pattern tester?A pattern tester is a person who test patterns! Well I wanted to be one so I started looking online for peeps who needed one. There were several options to choose from but I decided to go w/The Quilt Pattern Magazine and signed up to test the Sashing Surprise pattern. I had this cute big print fabric I got at Goodwill that was just sitting there looking cute…and now it had a purpose.
I call this quilt Full Steam Ahoy. It is pictured in this months issue of The Quilt Pattern Magazine
This one is for sale in My Etsy Shop!
A Thread for Life
So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.
Hebrews 4:16 NLT
to overeat, overspend, etc. I cannot say “no” to any goody that is in the immediate vicinity. If I can see it, I’m going to eat it. This is not a healthy way to be. Combine the stress of training new staff at work with the usual holiday stress, no time for the gym AND a nonstop barrage of cookies, cakes, donuts, potlucks, parties etc. and what do you get? A BIG big ole muffin top! I feel…and look like a busted can of biscuits!
The boss says we get to wear jeans for the rest of the year (we usually only get to on Friday) and I’m ashamed to say that only 1 of 15 pair fit me! So today I went to the 50% off sale at Goodwill and bought some bigger jeans to wear for the rest of the year. Now before you judge me, please understand this is only a temporary solution. I will not buy anymore clothes to accommodate my fluffier, busted figure. Come the new year…there will definitely be changes. I don’t usually make resolutions but I
am going to
have already for 2014. I simply cannot go on like this. I understand sacrifices will have to be made, and because I’m so uncomfortable the way I am, I am willing to make them!
Here are my resolutions.
- Get back on a regular workout schedule. I’ve been slipping for a few months now.
- Go to bed earlier. I definitely need more rest, especially if I have to be at the gym for that 515a class.
- Incorporate better eating habits; less sugar, more veggies. I’m shooting for 6 small meals/day.
- Spend quality time in God’s word. I read the bible regularly but I’m usually rushing it.
- And last but not least…Stop spending money! I mostly spend $ on fabric, so the biggest challenge I’m taking is to NOT purchase any fabric, 2nd hand or otherwise, for 6 mos (Jan 1-June 30).
Please pray for me. I need it and appreciate it!
A Thread for Life
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. Romans 8:37
Linking up at:
Tuesday Archives at Val’s Quilting Studio