It Seemed Like A Good Idea

I wanted to make a mug rug for one of my doctors.  Instead of going through any of the many books and magazines I own, (call me lazy),  I hit the internet.

20170305_214504.jpg

Some of my books

I found this pattern, Mock Logson Quilter’s Cache.

Then I pulled this fabric. Why? Because my doctor is Asian, and this is Asian fabric.

20170225_212729
My lovely friend Izola, @throughmyeyes on IG, sent me this beautiful fabric from Japan a few years ago. Thanks, Izola!

I cut enough fabric to make four mug rugs. And even before I started assembly, I wasn’t thrilled w/my fabric choices. It’s a bit overdone. I didn’t have to use ALL the Asian fabric I own in a little mug rug.20170225_110953

But, I sewed all four together anyway.  20170226_193306

I’ll have to force myself to finish at least one of them to see if I like it any better.  I doubt I will.

Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time, God bless.

A Thread for Life

Mistakes

Linking up at:

Let’s Bee Social
Midweek Makers

6 thoughts on “It Seemed Like A Good Idea

  1. I think the problem is too many busy, almost same scale fabrics. Try swapping out one fabric in each half with a smaller, more subtle print that plays nice with the remaining fabric. You’re close with the one in the bottom right, and possibly upper right. Hope this helps.

    Like

  2. Some projects are just like that, so don’t sweat it! Chalk it up to a learning experience, and – bonus – it didn’t waste very much fabric to learn it! 🙂

    Like

Comments are Welcomed and Encouraged

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s